Monday, August 04, 2008

2D 1N Malacca Escape Trip

Went to Malacca over the weekend for a Escape Trip with Andrew, Keith and Benjamin. We met up at the coffeeshop diagonally opposite church for breakfast, then 4 man squeezed into Andrew's car as we head towards Malacca. The trip up was with nice scenery, good jokes, great conversation.

1 funny incident happened when we just passed the Johor gantry. A police man stopped our car and asked for Andrew's driving license, addressed him as "Mr Leong". Out of nowhere, he told us that we are stopped for speeding at a speed of 123km/h, while the speed we are travelling at is 110km/h. In the end the police just mumbled a few words which we don't understand and allowed us to drive off.

Upon reaching the hotel safely, we checked in and went out for lunch.. The hotel receptionist was very warm and friendly.. When she asked me for my credit card, but I passed her my debit instead. She just needs to verify my bank account. When she found out that its not a credit card, she "tsk!!" me for more than 2 times. Then when she needs to cal l the bank to cancel the transaction, she kept using her pen to poke my card when she was reading the card number. Haha.. Some people will say that I am very grumpy, but that isn't how a hotel receptionist should behave..

Anyway, we had lunch at a chicken rice stall, where they serve chicken rice ball.. At first I thought that was the authentic stall, who knows when we walk around, I saw many other chicken rice ball stall or restaurant. After lunch, we started our journey. We began to walk around Malacca Town. Within 1 day, we covered almost the whole of Malacca. Whenever we see good food, we just walk into the shop without much considering. We had popiah, chendol, rojak, fried oyster egg.. We had our dinner and next day lunch at this nonya restaurant. They really serve authentic and yummy. Think I'll bring the campers for dinner there too.. Haha.. End of the month will lead the Church Camp Committee down for recce trip again!! Here are some photos that were taken.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw man I'ma miss church camp!

Anonymous said...

=(

Anonymous said...

KORKORKORKORKORKOR :DDD

imisssyouu loads ! i haven seeen uu in ages . some stuff happen at home so i only can use the internet in schoool .. D:

email me ! winnie_boh@yahoo.com.sg
i deleted my hotmail le .. so .. yep[: && my sis is using my phone D:

i realllly hope to seee uu soon ![:

WINNIE:D