Sunday, January 08, 2006

Oh My Goodness....

My 7th day of January 06 began at 11am.. Went to meet the FOMs at Kovan for brunch then after that went to church for prayer meeting. The meeting was long, but had many things sorted out and confirmed. Almost killed one of my fellow worker in Christ. Wai was asking us what's the most common word that we see in Ruth 1: 1-22, the word's suppose to be "return" as Naomi keeps asking Ruth and Orpah to return to their own houses. But I dun seems to notice the word return, all I can see, is the name Naomi, so I say it out and Wai almost get choked while drinking water. LOL. He even spat out the water on the floor.

Today we started on the book of Ruth for our bible study. Its a short book with just 4 chapters. But the things we can learn from it are plenty. Learnt that sometimes when life's turning bitter, when things around us are not what we expected, we shouldn't think that God has not shown his kindness to us. In fact, we should be thankful to God, as he had already shown us his hesed (kindness in hebrew) by sending his one and only Son down to this earth, to die for us, to take our place in facing God's wrath and judgement. From Ruth, I was also reminded that God has control of all events. He is before all things and everything happens for a reason. He has the ability to do everything. And He is always working in our everyday life. Praise God for that..

Today's bs is rather long, ended at 1830 hrs. Went over to Helping Hand to play frisbee after bs. Was very encouraged by the attendance today. Edwin, Pix, Dot, Salad, Drew, Wai and Ray turned up!! Hope that more people can join us, as I believe fellowship is not just during bs, should also have some informal outdoor activities. Feel so sad as I was ditched by the "Crappy 3" (haha!! me, wai and ray). 3 of us are supposed to be in a team after loom jiam pass. But in the end they send me over to the other team. Maybe cos I'm the lousiest of the 3. Then the 2 good players are together, and not just that, they have an extra player. So the game was 4 vs 5. Unfair right! haha but WE WON IN THE END!! I also won Amos in a 1 on 1 basketball game. haha. He was so tired after the frisbee game, that he is so lazy to run. Beat him 5 - 1!! What a long and tiring day it was. But had alot of fun and fellowship though, everything is worth it! Ok, got to go ZzZzZ as I have to be in church early tmr. I"M PLAYING DRUMS!! haha.. Chaos..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Carry on learning from the book of Ruth!

We'll thrash you guys next time in frisbee =P

Richmond said...

haha, i will wait for U. Fang Ma Guo Lai (let yr horse out to me) haha, dun let fen see it, or she will go crazy..

Mskmouse said...

whahaha..go crazy? on a serious note, am thankful to God for your growth in Christ. Let's continue to spur one another on towards love and good deeds. Will try my best to make it for frisbee!