Monday, August 21, 2006

Are you in or out ???

Finally back to work after 5 days of rest at home. I must admit that I am kinda still in the MC mood, not ready to go back to work yet. First day of work today, been a busy day. Busy preparing charge report to charge servicemen who tries to be funny with the law.

Guess I am getting use to the travelling time to get to and back from my base. It takes me more than 3 hours to go to and fro. I have to take a bus to Bedok interchange, then catch a train to Jurong, then transfer to Choa Chu Kang. That's not all, still have to take another bus into the middle of Choa Chu Kang. Finally then will I reach my base. I think the origin of Tengah Airbase must be from Hokkien. Cos in Hokkien "teng" means long, refering to the long journey you need to take before being able to arrive there. lol..

Have seen many people who claims to be Christian. And why do they say that they are Christians? The most common answer is because they believe in Jesus. But the main thing is not just to believe in Jesus. During youth fellowship on saturday, I've learnt something very important and it really struck me hard. Many people thinks that once they believe in Jesus, they will be save forever. Its not wrong to say that, but its also not totally right.

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said,
"If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

John 8 : 31 - 32

In John chapter 8, verses 31 to 32, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." What is true discipleship? It is not barely believing in Jesus, you have to hold to His teaching. Cos knowing then, will you know the truth and only the truth will set you free. Its how we live our everyday life that matters. When we say the sinners' prayer, we say that we accept Jesus to be the Lord and Savior of our lifes. To be the Lord of our lifes, means that our lifes belong to Jesus, we have to live our daily life for Him. I know that it is not easy to do so, as the temptations in this sinful world is too great and we still have our old sinful body with us. Like to challenge all fellow follower of Christ to ask yourself, "Do you just take Jesus as your Savior, and forgot about being our Lord as well? Are you living a life that's pleasing to God and glorifing Him?" Only the truth will set you free..


No comments: