Tuesday, May 06, 2008

130 and above..

Today is Tuesday!! Official Bowling Day!! 2nd consecutive week, my average pinfall is 130 and above. Today's score was 132, 144, 143, 107.. so average 131.5.. Before Andrew left for Aus.. my average was only 120.. promised him I will play every week and train to be better. Haha.. Hope to maintain my form.. So I can win him when he comes back..

Went to Pulau Ubin with the youth last Saturday.. Cycled around, climb up the quarry, walked the boardwalk.. Super tiring.. Worst thing was I almost died there.. There was this part where there was a super steep slope, about 50m.. I cycled down the first 15m, but skidded down the next 20.. The whole bike when sidewards!! Thank God I didn't lose control of the bike, if not I will probably be in hospital now..

Super stress at work and planning for church camp.. For work, workload is increasing. Now I got to handle the promotion side as well.. Got to attend more press conferences..Interviewed Chen Chu Hui (famous Teochew Opera Singer) and Jolin Tsai last week. This week, went for a press screening for the Thai movie "Chocolate". This Thursday got its press conference. Friday got another press conference for the singer Marie Digby and her live showcase in the evening. Busy is one thing, thankful that I am actually okay and kinda enjoy the press conference. Maybe cos can leave office earlier and also able to meet other people to broaden my network, exchanging name cards.. Haha..

me, director wu nian zhen, jolin tsai and my DJ


jolin and director wu making mua chee


chen chu hui and me


Last week, on my way back after running errands at Sim Lim Square.. Came across this shop that sells mini dough nuts. So mini that I can finish it in 2 mouths. Think the shop name is Sprinkle. They have like 20 over flavours.. Wanted to take a pix of all the flavours, but forgotten to.. Only manage to take a pix of what is left after I realize that I haven't take the pix..


dough nuts from Sprinkle


Church camp.. Finally decided the venue. Now its just left with the signing of the contract and the preparation of the church camp budget to present to the consistory. Heard from Pastor that this year, the consistory will give me a budget to play around with, rather than me presenting to them the budget then get their approval. Really pray for God's guidance and wisdom, be it at work or in church..

Had 2 interns in office.. Glad that they came on board. Now more people to lighten our workload. Thankful that they are both Christians.. Shared with them a bit about church history and how the gospel is preached in their church. Both of their pastor preach what they feel like preaching. I am not saying that it is wrong. But I feel that the gospel and bible is one whole thing. And we shouldn't cut it into chunks.. In that way, we can see the context and whole big picture clearer. Pray that Christians out there can really discern the distorted gospel with the true gospel.. Like in Matthew 7: 15-23, how God warns us about false prophets. Also pray for myself, that the way I behave in office and outside, will show Christ living in me.. AMEN!

No comments: