Saturday, May 24, 2008

Stage 1 Completed...

Something scary happened to me on Wednesday. Just before Bible Studies. I was there early, at Bishan J8, having dinner my own. After dinner, I started walking around. Then I came to this Sony shop, with a small poster, yet the poster caught my attention. They were selling the SE P1i at 600+, and there are plans for 0% installment. I only need to pay $50 a month, for a year, to get the phone.

I was super tempted by the 0% interest promotion that I almost bought it. It was soooooooo close. Lucky the HTC Touch saved me. Haha.. I saw the HTC Touch Dual, and I turned my attention to it instead. Haha.. It was rather pricy though. So it knocked into my head that I should wait for my contract to expire and wait for the vouchers to come, then I'll see what new phones there are in the market. LOL

--------------------------------------------

Today is a big day for me.. A day that I've waiting since March. Haha.. Having my Basic Theory Test today, at 4.30pm. Woke up at 9.30am today. Took leave to do the test and also to go for the Adidas Warehouse Sales. Today is the first day of the sales, and the sales only open from 11am - 7pm. Don't wanna miss the good deals, I went to Expo at 11am. I thought I was already very early, but who knows that when I'm there, many people were already inside shopping, some even queuing to pay!! I went there wanting to get a new pair of scandals, but ALL THE SCANDALS WERE ALREADY GONE!! =( In the end, I bought towels, socks, a jacket, a track pants, a baby shoe for Declan. Spent about $160 ++. Haiz.. There goes my savings for May. Haha..

Finally.. I've passed my Basic Theory. Stage 1 of my mission to get a driving license was completed. Always wanted to go take get a driving license. But its either I'm too busy, if not I'm too lazy as the CDC is too out of the way for me (or its just me being lazy, haha). Well anyway, manage to passed my Basic Theory is the first attempt. Phew.. I can't imagine if I fail. I'm taking the test as a private student. So if I fail, I'll have to wait for months before I can retake. By then, my enthu will be gone, then the whole car license thing will drag again.

I didn't go for the E-Trial, as the date falls on gong gong's wake. So I went to the CDC without knowing what will happen and what to expect. When I was outside the room, waiting for the test start. People were busy reading the Basic Theory Book, doing some last minute preparation. Only me and few were there standing doing nothing. Seeing the others so engrossed, I started to panic. Thinking that if I fail, it would be such a disgrace.

When the test start, everything was much better. I kind of know how everything is done. All the waiting have also ended. Now is just me, my knowledge and the screen. Things didn't started well.

I got stuck with the first question. The first question was about parking/stopping distance from the junction. I was like, "OH NO!! I FORGOTTEN". All I remembered was there is parking/stopping distance from junction and bus stop. 1 is 6 and the other is 9. But I can't remember which is which. Good thing was I am smart. Haha.. I skipped the first question. Thank God that 1 of the later question asked about the distance from the bus stop, and the options has 9 and without in it. So it also cleared my doubt that distance from bus stop is 9 and junction is 6.

Finished the test is less than 15 minutes. It was so scary la!! When I made sure that all the questions were answered, I looked at the "END TEST" button. By clicking the button, in less than 3 secs, I will get to know my result. PHEW! Thank God that the word "PASSED" appeared on the screen.. If its "FAIL" I will have a super sad weekend man!

After printing my result, I went to apply for Provisional Driving License and Advance Theory Test. I also managed to contact the private driving instructor that Vishnu introduced. He's suppose to get back to me, but till now, he has not. Think I will SMS him tmr again.

--------------------------------------------

Going to SG Flyer tmr!! With Godma and family.. The photo of my blog is of the flyer, finally I can take some photos from the flyer itself. Even though I don't think that the view and scenery will be that awesome, still hope to be able to snap some nice pictures from the flyer. Wait for the next post for the pictures.



1 comment:

Beatrice said...

You sat the singapore flyer? Was it fun? :) I didn't see you at Declan's birthday on Sunday, whatcha been up to? See you soon!