Monday, May 28, 2007

Time Not Enough..

I have no time, too many things in life. Too tired after a long day in school. These are reasons I have been hearing from people. God gave us 24 hours a day. We spend about 8 hours sleeping, which is about a third of a day. We spend the other two third of our day, bathing, eating, go to school, go to work... Doing things we have to do and things we enjoy doing. Things we have to do includes work, school, eat.. Things we enjoy doing are like our leisures, reading, sports, games..
The problem is, do we include reading the bible and talking to God in our "have to do" and "enjoy doing" part of our life. If has to be in the "have to do" part, even though we do not include in into the "enjoy doing" part. Reading and praying are commands given by God. We have time to watch our favourite TV series, to play our favourite game, read books, comics and play our favourite sports. Why don't we have time to read about God and talk to Him? To me, its all about priortizing. Who do we put before us. God or ourselves? I myself have the same problem, and I am now going to make an effort to read and talk to God before I sleep, no matter how tired I am.. Having accepting Jesus as Lord, our lifes are controlled by Him. Therefore there is a need for us to know more about Him and talk to Him.. I pray for all Christians, to have the desire and discipline to read God's words. To put God before everything..

No comments: